Shopping for a DIYer or new homeowner? This list is full of great gift ideas for beginner DIY projects.
Over the past three years of home improvement projects, I’ve picked up a variety of tools and project supplies. This gift guide includes the things I use most frequently that would be awesome gifts for a new homeowner or beginner DIYer.
Whether you’re shopping for a loved one or creating your own wishlist, check out this DIY gift guide for ideas at a variety of price points! (Hint: Many of these would make awesome stocking stuffers.)
Note: I typically link to national retailers that are easily accessible to all but don’t forget to check your favorite small businesses for these items as well. Small businesses can use your support this year more than ever!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
- Paint sprayer This is a useful tool for anyone who does a lot of home improvement projects or refinishes furniture.
- HGTV magazine Keep your DIYer inspired with a magazine subscription.
- Ryobi jigsaw Jigsaws are a beginner-friendly tool that are useful in a large variety of wood projects.
- Wooster shortcuts brush This brush is life-changing for painting trim!
- Tape measure My favorite tape measure!
- Handy paint pail For anyone who does a lot of painting in their home, this product is amazing.
- Ryobi 18V brad nailer My most-used tool, highly recommend it.
- Painter’s pyramids These are awesome for keeping painted projects off of the table while they dry.
- Contour gauge This is a fun gadget that is handy to have around.
- Kreg jig 320 A game-changer for anyone interested in building furniture. (Full disclosure, I do work for Kreg)
- Magnetic stud finder This is the best stud finder I’ve used.
- Drip-free caulk gun Did you know there’s a caulk gun that doesn’t drip a huge mess? This is it.
- Screwdriver set A nice set of screwdrivers makes a great gift.
- Quick-grip clamps There’s no such thing as too many clamps!
You’re invited to join my free “4 Ways In 4 Days To Get Organized For The Holidays” Challenge. It’s a great way to dive deeper and get some free printables to help you get organized for the holidays.
Looking for more inspiration? Take a look at these blog posts:
- Gift Ideas for Homebodies
- Board Game Gift Ideas for Adults
- DIY Garage Peg Board Organizer for Cleaning Supplies
- Gift Ideas for the Organizing Obsessed