Little ones are so much fun to shop for, even when you’re on a budget! Here are my toddler’s favorites things. I’ve got you covered from big gifts to daily must-haves.
My little girl turned three a couple weeks ago and of course birthdays mean new toys! This gift guide includes our favorite toddler toys and gifts, both things Chloe’s had and played with for the past year+ along with a couple newer favorites (like the Magna-Tiles that were an instant hit on her birthday!).
The beauty of shopping for a toddler is that they aren’t too picky! Almost anything will have them excited as long as they get to unwrap it. Even the smallest things are so exciting to a three-year-old!
Note: I typically link to national retailers that are easily accessible to all but don’t forget to check your favorite small businesses for these items as well. Small businesses can use your support this year more than ever!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
- Wooden dominos (from an Iowa shop!) These are the sweetest dominos and they’re handmade by fellow Iowans! Be sure to check out their shop for other wooden games and toys, too.
- Magna-Tiles We gave these to Chloe for her birthday a couple of weeks ago and they were an instant hit. I hear moms raving about these all the time and I’m with them. They’re more of an investment, but I believe all the moms who say they are indestructible and their kids play with them for years.
- Cleaning set This cute set has been used so much in our house! Chloe got it a year ago for her 2nd birthday and still plays with it a lot today.
- Hatch light This acts as a nightlight and sound machine, all controlled by an app. We haven’t gotten there yet, but many parents use this as an alarm clock, too, where their kids know to stay in bed until the light or sound changes. You can also use it as a Bluetooth speaker for playing music and audiobooks.
- Water Wow! books Every toddler needs a few of these! A mess-free activity that’s great for traveling – we always bring these for car rides and to church.
- Poke-a-Dot book This is the coolest kids’ book I’ve ever seen. I like that it’s a bit more unique which makes for a great gift.
- Bathtub paints This is really fun for bath time and makes a cute stocking stuffer!
- Water bottles Kids love water bottles, and this set is the favorite in our house. They’re cute, well-made, and spill-proof.
- Kitchen set Every toddler needs a play kitchen. My kid has spent hours playing with hers! If you’re going to have a larger toy like this around for years, you might as well get a cute one like this ;).
- Backpack Perfect for taking to daycare, grandma’s house, and in the car. This brand makes the cutest animal backpacks.
- Radio Flyer red tricycle A classic red tricycle would look perfect under the tree!
- Native shoes These shoes are so nice for warm weather! Comfortable for daily wear, easy for kids to slip on, and washable.
- Popsicle molds Making popsicles is a fun family activity that results in a yummy treat. And Pinterest has tons of recipes!
You’re invited to join my free “4 Ways In 4 Days To Get Organized For The Holidays” Challenge. It’s a great way to dive deeper and get some free printables to help you get organized for the holidays.
Looking for more gift inspiration? Take a look at these blog posts:
- 25 Personalized Gifts Made with Cricut
- 9 Things You Can Do Now to Get Organized for the Holidays
- 14 Gifts for Babies
- 23 Beautiful DIY Gift Ideas for Mom
- Gift Ideas for the Organizing Obsessed